Paddle WA proudly honours and acknowledges the contribution made to the sport by its Life Members
The award of Life Membership is the highest honour Paddle WA can bestow on an individual and is awarded in recognition of those individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to the sport and the association during their membership. No more than one Life Membership will be awarded on an annual basis, to retain the significance of this award. The decision to award life membership is made on the basis of:
- A person who has rendered distinguished or special service to Paddle WA.
- Significant leadership and guidance to operational functions within Paddle WA,
- Outstanding innovation and support of Paddle WA activities,
- Enhancement of the growth of paddling in the local community,
- Long association with the activities of Canoeing WA or Paddle WA,
- Should have a minimum of ten (10) years of affiliated membership of Paddle WA and/or Canoeing WA, unless exceptional circumstances can be cited.